Poroshenko and Löfven discussed visa-free regime for Ukraine
The Ukrainian leader thanked Swedish Premier for assistance and support of the Ukrainian army
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko met with Swedish Prime Minister Stefan Löfven. The meeting took place during Poroshenko’s two-day visit to Belgium, the presidential press service reported.
“The President informed the Head of Swedish government on the latest developments in Donbas and Ukraine’s compliance with the Minsk agreements. Both sides confirmed the importance of the EU solidarity regarding sanctions against Russia, as well as restoration of Ukraine’s territorial integrity within the internationally recognized borders, including the Russian-occupied Crimea”, says the message of the press service.
Poroshenko expressed gratitude for the assistance provided by the Swedish government to Ukraine’s Armed Forces so that the army successfully counters Russian military aggression.
“Another important issue discussed at the meeting was the visa-free regime for Ukraine. The President informed the Swedish Premier on the progress made by Kyiv while completing the EU-Ukraine Visa Liberalization Action Plan”, the press service reported. Poroshenko expressed confidence that the EU will make a positive decision, taking into account the respective conclusion made by the European Commission.
Stefan Löfven highly praised the course of reforms in Ukraine, assuring Poroshenko of his country’s support. The sides agreed to speed up the procedure of providing financial assistance for Ukraine.
On December 16, Poroshenko came to Belgium with a two-day official visit. He met with NATO Supreme Allied Commander Europe Phillip Breedlove. Another meeting is planned with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:57Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Avdiivka, Donetsk region
- SPORT22:42UEFA Champions League: Shakhtar Donetsk defeats KAA Gent 5-0
- POLITICS21:30Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels