Poroshenko about forced detention of Ilmi Umerov: Stalin's times are back
President urged all the democratic world to be in solidarity with Ukraine and increase pressure on Russia
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko called the forced detention of one of the leaders of Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov in a psychiatric clinic, a return to the Stalin era. The head of Ukrainian state said it in an interview with US television channel CNN, the press service of the Presidential Administration reports.
"One of the leaders of the Crimean Tatar people Ilmi Umerov was sent to a psychiatric hospital. We see that Stalin's time of the 30-ies of the XX century, are completely back." - Said the president.
The Head of State stressed that this is one more additional argument why there should be good coordination to ensure global security.
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko, Stoltenberg to meet in Brussels on October 20 18 October, 21:47
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas