Pope of Rome announced collection of donations for the humanitarian needs of Ukraine
All Catholic churches in Europe on April 24 will collect donations
Pope of Rome Francis urged the Catholic communities throughout Europe to collect donations for the humanitarian needs of Ukraine, reported "Radio Vatican".
"On this day, as is the heart of the Holy Year of Charity, my mind rushes to all nations, who eager the most for reconciliation and peace. In particular I mean here, in Europe, the drama of those who suffer the consequences of violence in Ukraine: those who are in the areas of military operations, which have already caused thousands of deaths and over a million people who were forced to leave the territory, taking into account the difficult situation, which further continues. This primarily concerns the elderly people and children. Besides the fact that I am constantly accompanied them with my thoughts and prayer, I decided to make a humanitarian support initiative in their favor, "- said Pope of Rome before praying at St. Peter's Square in the Vatican.
Pope of Rome added: "For this purpose on Sunday, April 24 in all Catholic churches in Europe a special collection will be held. I urge the faithful people to join the initiative with their generous donations. "
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Donbas to revive hope to return to Ukraine, - Governor of Donetsk region 24 October, 20:21
Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas 24 October, 16:37
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas