Political crisis in Ukraine presents an opportunity to improve quality of reforms, - European Commission speaker
EU expects Ukraine to eliminate oligarchs, monopolies and to start privatization of inefficient state enterprises
The EU expects Ukrainian authorities to resists influence of oligarchs on politics, stated European Commission speaker Maja Kocijancic referring to recent events in Ukrainian Parliement, reports “Ukrinform”.
“The European Union has been attentively observing recent events in Ukrainian parliament. In such critical times, it is vital that political leaders continue to focus on further reformation of the country”, - pointed out Kocijancic.
The European Commission speaker believes that “the current crisis is an opportunity to improve quality of work and make Ukrainians believe that their leaders are able to overcome challenges of systemic stransformations”.
Kocijancic added that reforms should come in line with the association agreement between Ukraine and the EU, including a profound and large-scale free trade area, fight with corruption and setting up the rule of law.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars