Police implements special op due to terror attack threat
Situation is under control, police says
Brussels Police fulfills the special operation because of terror attack threat, Russian BBC service reports.
Police operation takes place on the square near the Théâtre Royal de la Monnaie in Brussels. The officers surrounded a man that wore "long coat and wires leaking from it".
According to Belgium media, the suspect stands on his knees with hands raised, police turn their gun on him. Mine clearance specialists' team stands nearby ready to actions. Authorities evacuated people from the nearest shops and blocked the street traffic.
Officers state the situation is under control; however they haven't arrested the suspect yet.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars