Poland supports construction of joint interconnector with Ukraine, - Szydlo
Poland initiated creation of states’ union against Nord Stream pipeline construction
Poland is open for cooperation with Ukraine in the issue of building a common interconnector, Polish-Ukrainian gas pipeline that will transport natural gas from Europe to Ukraine through Poland. The Prime Minister of Poland Beata Szydlo stated this after talks with Ukrainian Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman at the Economic Forum in Krynica-Zdroj.
"The Ukrainian side is very interested in joint projects and gas and energy supply is a priority for them", she said in an interview with the head of Poland's PAP government.
Szydlo noted that during the meeting Groysman raised the issue of building a joint interconnector.
"It is possible that we will reach this goal. It will give Polish businesses the chance to enter the Ukrainian market, and Ukrainian Prime Minister is very interested in it", summed up the Poland’s PM.
According to Szydlo, Poland will support Ukraine in the "fight against the construction of the Nord Stream pipeline".
"We are creating a coalition of countries that oppose this project, which is also very useful for Ukraine", said Szydlo.
Recall that Ukrainian Cabinet of Ministers ordered to pump into its underground gas storage facilities 17 billion cubic meters of natural gas before November 1.
Source: Polska Agencja Prasowa
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case