Poland submitted 400 thousand applications to hire Ukrainian workers
Since January 2015 the country employed 3.5 thousand people, 95% of them are Ukrainians
Polish officials say that the armed conflict in Donbas increase the number of refugees from Ukraine. They cannot accept refugees from the Middle East and Asia, as the country is already feeling the economic pressure because of Ukrainian migrants, Radiosvoboda.
Polish experts who participated in the symposium "Migration in crisis: Ukrainian-Polish context", talked about the increasing number of migrant workers and students from Ukraine. Currently, there are more than 24 thousand Ukrainian students in Poland.
The vast majority of Ukrainians travel to Poland for seasonal work, but they are ready to get a permanent job. The reason is not so much the armed conflict in eastern Ukraine, but rather the fact that Poland has simplified the procedure of registration of foreign citizens. The demand for Ukrainian workers has also increased and Polish employers are willing to hire Ukrainians. From the beginning of this year, Polish entrepreneurs submitted 400 thousand applications to engage Ukrainian workers.
For the first half of this year, Polish employment agency EWL employed 3.5 thousand people, 95% of them are Ukrainians.
Donetsk militants hand over another 23 hostages 19 October, 15:31
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels