PACE President's speech to Savchenko
President of Parliamentary Assembly of Council of Europe Pedro Agramunt welcomed Nadiya Savchenko at PACE session in Strasbourg
According to UNIAN, referring to Savchenko the President of PACE said that "this house of democracy is your home now too, and we are looking forward to your contribution to the work of the Assembly". Agramunt believes that the release of Nadiya Savchenko and the two Ukrainians demonstrates that diplomacy "may solve even a very complex problem".
"I would like to encourage Ukraine and Russia to see this opportunity to intensify diplomatic efforts and seek a peaceful solution to the crisis", PACE President said.
He stressed the importance of implementing all the commitments made by the parties, in particular a state of ceasefire in the Eastern Ukraine, the release of all hostages, fair elections in Donbas region in accordance with international standards and returning full control of state’s internationally recognized borders to Ukraine.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:43Donbas conflict: 40 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY08:58Netherlands consider two options for MH17 trial
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:16Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5925 attacks from Russia-backed militants reported, - ATO HQ
- UA & EU23:22Ukraine, Montenegro, Albania, Liechtenstein and Norway join EU anti-Russia sanctions
- POLITICS22:37Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order
- RUSSIA21:53Russia opens criminal cases against six Ukraine’s Armed Forces commanders
- UA & EU21:04Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain