PACE President's speech to Savchenko
President of Parliamentary Assembly of Council of Europe Pedro Agramunt welcomed Nadiya Savchenko at PACE session in Strasbourg
According to UNIAN, referring to Savchenko the President of PACE said that "this house of democracy is your home now too, and we are looking forward to your contribution to the work of the Assembly". Agramunt believes that the release of Nadiya Savchenko and the two Ukrainians demonstrates that diplomacy "may solve even a very complex problem".
"I would like to encourage Ukraine and Russia to see this opportunity to intensify diplomatic efforts and seek a peaceful solution to the crisis", PACE President said.
He stressed the importance of implementing all the commitments made by the parties, in particular a state of ceasefire in the Eastern Ukraine, the release of all hostages, fair elections in Donbas region in accordance with international standards and returning full control of state’s internationally recognized borders to Ukraine.
WEF second day: Poroshenko to meet Schultz and Aliyev 18 January, 12:13
EU diplomats ready to extend sanctions against Yanukovych 19 January, 21:26
Poroshenko, Dombrovskis discuss macro-financial assistance to Ukraine 18 January, 22:26
- POLITICS13:36Britain to continue supporting Ukraine
- SOCIETY13:14Security Service detain drug smugglers in Mykolaiv
- POLITICS12:41Trump inauguration: Protesters clash with police in Washington
- SOCIETY12:34Ukrainians commemorate defenders of Donetsk airport
- POLITICS12:16Batkishchyna wants evidence of Savchenko’s treason from SBU
- POLITICS11:56Trump's inauguration: online broadcast
- FINANCE11:30Roshen confectionary factory in Russian Lipetsk shuts down
- UKRAINE TOP 11:19Court to consider Yanukovych conviction in absentia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:38Security Service finds Russian weapons in ATO zone
- POLITICS10:01Trump’s Treasury pick supports Russia sanctions "100 percent"
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:35, 19 January OSCE Head offers night-time monitoring in Donbas
18:33, 19 January Orthodox and Greek Catholic believers celebrate Epiphany