New "energy" bills to provide another 600 million euros from European Commission - Maros Sefcovic
Vice-President of the European Commission for Energy Union Maros Sefcovic met Andriy Parubiy, the Head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine
The adoption of "energy" bills by the Verkhovna Rada will facilitate 600 million euros tranche from the European Commission. This was stated by the Vice-President of the European Commission for Energy Union Maros Sefcovic, during a meeting with Andriy Parubiy, the Head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine.
"The adoption of laws on the independent regulator and electricity market are much expected by the European institutions, as well as by the IMF. Completing this process will allow the European Commission to provide 600 million Euros of macro-financial assistance," - said Maros Sefcovic.
According to him, Ukraine could eventually become an energy exporter.
"If Ukraine is able to raise is energy efficiency to the average EU level, the achieved savings will exceed consumption in Spain throughout the year, for instance. Thus, Ukraine could even become an electricity exporter. In this regard, the European Commission is ready to support the founding of the energy efficiency fund until the end of the year,"- said Maros Sefcovic.
He stressed on the importance of coordination between ministries and committees of the Parliament.
"In particular this applies to the Verkhovna Rada. Its' very important that the committee, which deals with energy issues, and the committee, which deals with public services, combined their efforts and enforced each other," - the said Vice-President of the EC.
As it was reported yesterday, the Head of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Andriy Parubiy hopes that the Parliament soon adopts the law on the National Electricity Regulatory Commission of Ukraine in the energy sector and utilities
and the bill of the Electricity Market.
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case