Netherlands afraid of Ukraine's membership in EU, defense and financial cooperation, - source
There is also apprehension that Ukrainians will massively seek employment in EU
"Dzerkalo Tyzhnya", citing a source in the Ukrainian government said what exactly bothers the Netherlands in Ukrainian issue, on which depends the fate of the ratification of the EU-Ukraine Association.
The author writes that, firstly, the Dutch are afraid that after the adoption of this Agreement Ukraine could eventually become an EU member.
Second, they are concerned about EU cooperation with Ukraine in the field of defense, which, according to the Netherlands, is the prerogative of NATO, not the EU.
Thirdly, the Netherlands residents are concerned that due to the agreement Ukraine will receive direct access to the EU's finances.
Also, the Netherlands reportedly bothers that the agreement will enable Ukrainians to freely move to Europe for the purpose of employment. Also they are afraid of famous Ukrainian corruption.
Earlier it was reported that the European Commission does not know when and what decision will be taken according to the EU-Ukraine Association.
It should be noted that the Dutch parliament ordered the government until November to decide the issue of association with Ukraine.
- SOCIETY11:14Ukraine marks anniversary of 1944 release from the Nazis
- RUSSIA10:33Putin: Russia may resume gas supplies to Ukraine any moment
- POLITICS10:02UN starts discussion on complete ban of nuclear weapons
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case