NATO launches five trust funds for € 5.4 million for the Ukrainian army
NATO and Ukraine have signed an agreement on trust funds, Ukrainian Interior Ministry reports
According to the press service of the Ministry of Interior, NATO and Ukraine have signed an agreement about launching of trust funds.
“From the Ukrainian side, implementation agreements were signed by Yehor Bozhko, acting Head of the Ukrainian Mission of to NATO, from the Alliance - Michael Layden, general manager of NATO Support and Procurement Agency. With this agreement, creating of the legal framework for practical projects in support of Ukraine, sponsored by NATO’s trust funds, is completed. These agreements relate to the implementation of the two trust funds: 1) physical rehabilitation and prosthesesfor injured soldiers and 2) to reform the logistic and standardization systems of the Armed Forces of Ukraine”, - as announced in the statement.
Earlier it was reported that NATO plans to launch five trust funds for € 5.4 million to assist the Ukrainian army. So, € 2 million are planned to be sent for the modernization of communication systems, €1.2 million - to reform the logistic and standardization systems, €845 thousand - for physical rehabilitation and prostheses, €815 thousand for cyber defense, and €410 thousand for retraining and resettlement.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
NATO Secretary General: Those responsible for MH17 tragedy should be punished 29 September, 08:44
Sweden: Russia aggravates situation in the region 11 October, 12:38
Stoltenberg: NATO and allies to assist Ukraine via trust funds 20 October, 21:30
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas