More Dutch to support EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, - survey
One-third of the respondents still haven’t made up their mind
The number of Dutch nationals, who support the ratification of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement, is growing. The Volkskrant outlet quoted the recent survey which says that 44.5 percent of the surveyed are ready to say “yes” to ratification of the document by the Netherlands.
According to Volkskrant, last year, only 38 percent voiced out their support to the initiative.
However, most of the respondents in the Netherlands are still skeptic about the agreement’s future. 55.5 of the surveyed refused to support the agreement’s ratification at the forthcoming referendum in the Netherland.
As is known, the plebiscite, slated for April 6, 2016, is supposed to state the will of the Dutch people as they will either accept or deny the ratification of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement by the Netherlands.
At the same time, about one-third of the surveyed said they still haven’t made up their mind on the matter, so as the referendum approaches, the survey’s data might change.
The sociologists explain that there are strong Euro-skepticist attitudes in the Dutch society; besides, the Dutch are not ready yet for further expansion of the EU’s eastern borders.
Previously, Ukrainian volunteers shot the video to promote the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement among the Dutch people. The Ukrainian government said it would launch a campaign aiming to support the country’s European integration.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas