Mogherini urges Kyiv to conduct prompt and transparent investigation on Sheremet’s murder
EU supports Ukrainian authorities in upholding freedom of expression and media
The EU called on Ukraine to conduct a quick and transparent investigation into the murder of journalist Pavlo Sheremet. EU High Representative for Common Foreign and Security Policy Federica Mogherini wrote this in her official statement.
“The European Union expresses its condolences to the family, friends and colleagues of the journalist Pavlo Sheremet, who was killed in the heart of Kyiv this morning. Such attacks are unacceptable and a swift and transparent investigation must be carried out to bring those responsible for this crime to justice”, reads the message.
The European Union stands alongside the Ukrainian authorities in upholding the freedoms of expression and of the media, and will continue to work to protect journalists in their essential, professional work.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:36OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
- SOCIETY18:17Searches at Kseniya Babych: Investigators believe first interrogation is most important
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars