Mogherini: Resolution of Ukraine's conflict is top priority to EU
EU continues to guard territorial integrity of Ukraine and does not admit Crimea annexation
The European Union does not forget about the Ukrainian crisis. Federica Mogherini announced this, "Interfax" reports.
"In particular, the conflict in Ukraine is of high priority to EU, and if we want the situation in Eastern Ukraine to calm down, the Minsk peace deals must be fully implemented by all parties," Mogherini said at a meeting on UN cooperation with regional and subregional organizations in the maintenance of international peace and security.
According to her, the UN Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs does the valuable work and organizes humanitarian assistance in eastern Ukraine, and, in addition, the United Nations Mission for Human Rights in Ukraine helps to monitor the situation.
"The European Union will continue to defend the territorial integrity of Ukraine and won’t recognize the illegal annexation of Crimea and Sevastopol," the head of European diplomacy said.
She noted that the EU is working closely with Kyiv to help carrying out reforms in the country as soon as possible.
"Let me note that the amendments to the Constitution approved a few days ago, which will increase the efficiency and independence of the judiciary, are fundamental, but it is also important to create momentum for the adoption of the amendments on decentralization and other reforms. This is an eventful achievement and significant opportunity for progress in the country, as well as for meeting the needs of all citizens of Ukraine ", Mogherini concluded.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY18:49Health Ministry to offer creation of Ukraine’s National Health Service
- SOCIETY18:05Law enforcement officers complete measures regarding mining of 112 Ukraine TV Channel
- POLITICS17:23Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:37Donetsk, Luhansk militants against armed OSCE mission in Donbas
- SOCIETY15:47112 Ukraine TV Channel wired to explode
- POLITICS14:47Ukraine summons Syrian diplomat to protest against recognition of Crimea’s occupation
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:01No fatalities among Ukrainian servicemen in Donbas over last 24 hours
- SPORT12:30Klitschko: I hope to get my champion titles back this year
- FINANCE11:41Ukrzaliznytsia company evades taxes at sum of USD 50 million
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Steinmeier: EU might fall
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:56, 24 October Ahtem Chyigoz hearings continued in the 'court' of occupied Crimea
18:29, 24 October Security Service shuts down illegal traffic chain