Mockery over Zhemchugov was demonstrated in PACE
The dreadful video of mockery over the released prisoner of war caused discussions on the topic of media propaganda
Volodymyr Ariev, MP of Ukraine, Chair of Ukrainian delegation to PACE, President of PACE Committee for Culture/Media reported that a short video of mockery by Graham Phillips was demonstrated in PACE today. The mockery was made over the mutilated Ukrainian Volodymyr Zhemchugov, who was released after a year of captivity by Russian-backed militants.
On the video Zhemchugov is being released and transferred to the Ukrainian side, when pro-Kremlin British journalist burst into the ambulance with Zhemchugov and mocked him with hardball questions. The dreadful video has already caused a widespread concern in Ukrainian society and abroad.
“The PACE Committee has just saw the Graham Phillips’s mockery over the Ukrainian prisoner of war. Now the discussion is being held on the topic of media propaganda,” – wrote Volodymyr Ariev on his Facebook page.
He also stated that Eugen Fedchenko from stopfake.org (fact-checking Ukrainian website) and Jakub Kalenský from European External Action Service (EU organization supporting the EU’s external policies, strategies, instruments and missions) addressed the delegates on the topic.
As it was reported earlier, the President of Ukraine met liberated Volodymyr Zhemchugov and Yuriy Suprun on September 17. The representative of Ukraine in humanitarian issues in trilateral contact group Iryna Gerashchenko stated that Zhemchugov is in critical condition and needs immediate rehabilitation.
“They wanted to mock the Ukrainian heavily injured patriot. The creature wanted to ruin the liberation, to make a provocation, scandal and fight. The impartial from everything in the world OSCE representatives were quietly smoking and watching not far from there. Its name is Graham Phillips,” – wrote Gerashchenko on her Facebook page after the liberation procedure.
Donbas Conflict: 25 truce violations by Russian-backed militants 14 October, 09:54
29 attacks in Donbas region during previous 24 hours, - ATO HQ 18 October, 09:31
Panov and Zahtey in Lefortovo 14 October, 12:49
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
- RUSSIA11:01Justice Minister: ‘Kremlin will recognize Sentsov, Kolchenko’s Ukrainian citizenship’
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:17Donbas: ‘Grad’ missile launchers shell Troitske, Luhansk region
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars