Merkel: "Sanctions against Russia will be lifted only after Ukraine will regain control over its border"
"Russia is gradually, step by step moving towards common European economic area from Lisbon to Vladivostok", - says German Chancellor
EU sanctions against Russia will be lifted off only after Ukraine will regain control over its border. This was stated by the German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the congress of CDU party, according to Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung.
"If that happens, we can immediately stop the sanctions", - said the Chancellor.
At the same time she called Russia's aggression in the east as "civil war, with the support of Russia."
"I am convinced that Russia is gradually, step by step moving towards a common European economic area from Lisbon to Vladivostok", - she said, noting that such aspirations can not force the EU to give up its principles in the face of Russian aggression.
As reported, the President of the European Council Donald Tusk believes that sanctions against Russia will be extended, since the Russian Federation has not demonstrated the necessary progress in the implementation of the Minsk agreements.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas