Merkel, Hollande and Poroshenko elaborated the common position
On the eve of Normandy format talks the leaders of the countries cordinated their positions
Federal Chancellor of Germany Angela Merkel and President of France Francois Hollande had a telephone conversation with Ukrainian President Poroshenko during which they managed to synchronize their positions on the eve of the meeting in the Normandy format, wihch to take place in Paris.
The interlocutors praised the conclusion of the agreement on the withdrawal of tanks, artillery of caliber less than 100 mm and mortar launchers of caliber up to 120 mm, as stated by the press office of the Ukrainian President.
Recalling, the meeting will be conducted October 2. Russian President Vladimir Putin will leave to Paris on meeting of the Normandy format. In addition to the multilateral talks, Putin will hold separate meetings with French President Francois Hollande and Chancellor Angela Merkel.
As was previously reported, timing of the ceasefire in the eastern Ukraine, two days after which small-caliber weapons with less than 100mm, has started 00:00 October 1. September 29, the Trilateral Contact Group in Minsk signed an agreement on withdrawal guns with caliber less than 100 mm from the line of contact. The document was signed by special representative of OSCE Martin Sajdik, Ukrainain ex-president Leonid Kuchma, and Russian diplomat Azamat Kulmuhametov. Yesterday, the self-proclaimed leaders of Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics, Ihor Zakharchenko and Oleksandr Plotnytsky, also signed an agreement on the weapons withdrawal.
Negotiations in Normandy format resumed 20 October, 00:47
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars