Merkel excludes a return to the G8 format, - Spiegel
In particular, Americans are against the return of Russian Federation to G8
German Chancellor Angela Merkel excludes Russia's return to the "Big Eight", reported Spiegel.
The publication notes that Russia does not fulfill the conditions imposed for its return to the community of the major industrialized countries.
"The G8 is dead ..." - the article says. The author also recalls that Americans are against the return of Russian Federation to the "Big Eight".
We recall, In April 2015, German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier, on behalf of the Ministers of Foreign Affairs of the "Big Seven" expressed the hope that the G7 will again become the G8 if Moscow will contribute to peace in Ukraine.
In May 2015, German Chancellor Angela Merkel said that a return to the format of the "Big Eight" is not possible as long as Russia is violating international law.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:1835000 militants and 6000 Russia's officers in Donbas reported
- UA & EU16:31Poroshenko, Junker to discuss EU-Ukraine AA ratification by the Netherlands
- UA & EU15:46Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:30Ukrainian Defense Ministry reveals details of Makiivka night attack
- FINANCE14:13French company to store gas in Ukraine’s underground storages
- SPORT13:32Boxing: Usyk’s next fight set out for December 17
- POLITICS12:48Stoltenberg: NATO seeks no confrontation with Russia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case