Merkel: Brexit will not affect European integration of Balkan countries
Membership issue is question of conditions in order to "promote accession process", Merkel said
UK exit from the EU will in no way affect the prospects of EU accession of Western Balkan countries. German Chancellor Angela Merkel assured this at the EU mini-summit in Paris, Deutsche Welle reports.
"It is very important that we have noted the prospect of accession of the Western Balkans states. The UK decision changes nothing", Merkel stressed.
She added that the issue of membership is a question of the conditions in order to "promote the accession process".
French President Francois Hollande and Prime Minister of Croatia Tihomir Oreshkovich made the same statements.
Steinmeier: EU might fall 24 October, 10:58
Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko 23 October, 21:13
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case