MEPs wrote a letter of support to Nadiya Savchenko
They called Nadiya a model of patriotism and devotion to the values of the Ukrainian people
European Parliament Members wrote a letter to Ukrainian pilot and Member of Parliament Nadiya Savchenko. The letter was posted on Facebook by Savchenko’s lawyer Mark Feygin. 26 MEPs signed this message of support.
"We are the friends of Ukraine in the European Parliament and we would like to express support and assure you that we will continue to fight for your liberation", - noted in the letter.
MEPs also called Nadiya a model of patriotism and devotion to the values of the Ukrainian people.
"And you Nadiya, is a victim of an unjust Kremlin regime, a victim of a criminal who has come to your house to take away your freedom, dreams and future. We admire your strength and fortitude to confront the Kafkaesque trial where the facts, evidence and witnesses vary depending on where the Kremlin’s wind blows "- added the MEPs.
At the end of the letter MEPs expressed their hope for a personal meeting with Nadiya Savchenko in the near future.
We don’t give up and be sure that you are not forgotten," – wrote the EP Members.
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case