Lviv among top-10 places in Europe to visit in 2016 according to Lonely Planet
Ukraine has something to be proud of too
The tourism experts Lonely Planet published a Top 10 places to visit in 2016.
Ukrainian city Lviv is in fifth place.
Authors of ranking are acknowledged that Ukraine has recently experienced a considerable shock, but it didn’t touch the western regions. Lviv is called the hospitable city in Europe that can offer the best that there is in Ukraine: more than 100 events per year devoted to coffee, jazz and Ukrainian independence.
The cities that entered the top-3 are the Peloponnesus (Greece), Aarhus (Denmark), and Venice (Italy).
Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship 23 October, 13:14
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
Steinmeier: Minsk agreements help to prevent fire in the heart of Europe 25 October, 08:16
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case