Lutsenko, Hahn discuss positive developments in fight against corruption
Sides expressed readiness for further cooperation
Prosecutor General of Ukraine Yuriy Lutsenko and the EU Commissioner for European Neighbourhood Policy and the enlargement Johannes Hahn discussed the positive developments in the fight against corruption among high-ranking officials in Ukraine during today's meeting. Ukraine’s Prosecutor General Press service reports this.
Lutsenko noted the support that is provided for Prosecutor Office by the EU, and informed on the progress of the reforms in Ukraine and the positive changes in the fight against corruption among high-ranking officials.
He also mentioned the importance of the fight against corruption within the Prosecutor Office.
"EU support for the Prosecutor's Office reform is the key to its rapid and effective implementation", the Prosecutor General said.
The EU side commended the active work of the office on these issues.
"Much has been done over the past month and a half", Johannes Hahn said.
The sides also expressed readiness for further cooperation.
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars