Lithuania gave Ukraine 150 tons of ammunition for Kalashnikov assault rifles
Lithuania for the first time since 2014 transfers lethal weapons to Ukraine
Lithuania for the first time in 2014 transported lethal weapons to Ukraine. It is about 150 tons of ammunition, mostly cartridges caliber 5.45 for the various modifications of Kalashnikov AK-47 assault rifle, according to Reuters.
Note, after the implememtation of NATO standards Lithuanian army does not use these assault rifles.
"We are sending a message to Ukraine, that this country is not alone Lithuania consistently helped Ukraine in its fight for the territorial integrity and for protection of its values, and we want to continue to help as much as we can.", - Said the Lithuanian Defence Minister Juozas Olekas.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars