Lavrynovych is ready to assist US in their investigation
NABU reports that Manafort is mentioned 22 times in the Black accountancy documents of then ruling Party of Regions and he got more than 22 million dollars in total
Ukrainian Former Justice Minister Oleksandr Lavrynovych announced that he is ready to assist the USA in their investigation of the possible engagement of the company, belonging to Paul Manafort to the former adviser of the ex-president Victor Yanukovych, into the corrupt schemes in Ukraine. This is said in the letter of Lavrynovych to the current Attorney General of the United States Loretta Lynch, reported by Ukrainian News.
The letter reads that Manafort participated in generation of the report of the American legal company Scadden, Arps, Slate in the case of ex-Prime Minister Yuliya Tymoshenko, according to Serhiy Leshchenko, the Ukrainian MP from the Petro Poroshenko bloc.
Lavrynovych also noted that a criminal case is initiated in Ukraine against Scadden.
"In respect of the public importance of these events, as the former Minister of Justice of Ukraine and as a citizen, I would like to contribute to the independent investigation," – says the letter.
He also noted that he was the head of the Ministry of Justice at the moment of concluding the contract on legal services with Scadden.
"Scadden experts performed comparative analysis of the criminal law or the USA, the EU and Ukraine in the context of Yulia Tymoshenko’s process. According to the contract, any political influence or interference into the work of the company was impossible," – argues Lavrynovych.
He states that the report was generated on the highest level.
"The conclusions and the recommendations in Tymoshenko’s case are almost identical to those of the European Court on Human Rights. Scadden recommendations laid the basis for further euro-integrational actions in the legal system of Ukraine," – he stressed.
Lavrynovych expressed his readiness to participate in investigatory actions of the General Prosecutor Office of the USA. And to provide any explanations on cooperation with Scadden.
As it was reported earlier, US Justice Department and the FBI are investigating possible ties between the US and Yanukovych's corrupt activities, including the activities of the company of Paul Manafort. In 2007-2012, Paul Manafort, ex-counselor to ousted former President of Ukraine Viktor Yanukovych, could have got 12,7 million US dollars from Ukraine. However, the investigators say, there is a chance that Manafort didn’t actually get this money – there are signatures of other people in the ‘receivers’ column.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars