Klitschko about Eurovision in Kyiv: capital has experience
Scandals burst in internet over hosting Eurovision 2017 song contest in the capital
The contest will be held in the International Exhibition Center. Kyiv is the best prepared city and it will hold Eurovision-2017 with dignity. This was stated by Vitali Klitschko, Kyiv mayor, reported his press service. He noted a sufficient number of hotel rooms of different levels and two airports among the capital's advantages.
"The capital is reasonably the most prepared city, fit for the events of this level. Besides the Eurovision experience in 2005, Ukrainian capital also held final of Euro 2012 - the European Championship in football. Therefore, we have a positive experience and all opportunities to properly prepare and hold a contest in the capital on the highest level," - Klitschko said.
The contest will be held in the International Exhibition Center, which accommodates up to 50 thousand spectators.
According to MP Boryslav Bereza, Odesa was supposed to host the contest and allegedly this had to be announced on August 25. But "a certain administration allegedly blocked the decision, not wanting to lose the cash flows."
Mikheil Saakashvili is not contented with the decision, saying: "It’s about this decision which is another case of rigged bids, lying in throat and complete absence of administrative thinking".
The announcement of the host city itself was shifted four times. The Ministry of Culture was assuring that the delay in taking the final decision was not related to politics.
Leaders of all three cities-candidates sharply criticized these delay, appealing to the fact that if the decision is not to taken until October, the right to host Eurovision will go to Australia and Russia.
As it was reported earlier, Eurovision-2017 takes place in Ukraine due to Ukrainian singer Jamala, who won with her song "1944" in May 2016.
Recall that in 2005, after Ruslana's victory in Eurovision-2004, the contest was held in Kyiv's Palace of Sports.
- POLITICS17:29Putin, Russian Security Council discuss Normandy talks
- SOCIETY16:40Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russia may have plan to threaten journalists
- UKRAINE TOP 16:30Searches at Kseniya Babych: after 3 hours an interview at the Investigation Committee is over
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars