Klimkin urges EC to counter construction of gas pipelines bypassing Ukraine
EC representative stressed that Ukraine is considered as a reliable gas transit country
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin urges the European Commission (EC) to continue adhering a firm position on energy solidarity with Ukraine and to counter the politically motivated construction of gas pipelines bypassing Ukraine, such as the "Nord Stream-2". He said this on 18 March 2016 in Brussels during the meeting with Vice-President of the European Commission for Energy Union Maroš Šefčovič, reported MFA press office.
"During the meeting special attention was paid to the reform of the Ukrainian gas sector, attracting European investments to the Ukrainian gas transportation system, an increase of reverse gas supplies to Ukraine from the territory of EU member states", - said in a statement.
The EC representative stressed that Ukraine is considered as a reliable gas transit country to Europe.
The parties concluded that the bringing the Ukrainian energy sector into line with the Third Energy Package provides additional opportunities for further development of the partnership between Ukraine and the EU in this area.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas