Jozwiak: EU-Ukraine summit in Brussels postponed
Reporter of Radio Liberty in Brussels tweeted this on Wednesday
“The EU-Ukraine summit scheduled for 19 May in Brussels has been postponed. Ukraine government needs more time for reforms”, reads the message at Rikard Jozwiak’s Twitter. He did not specify the date.
Most recently, the journalist reported that the European Parliament would most likely vote for the visa free regime with Ukraine and Georgia in September; thus, the issue is not likely to be resolved until autumn.
Croatian MEP, Deputy Head of Parliamentary Committee on Foreign Affairs Andrej Plenkovic said his colleagues are trying hard to complete considering this issue as soon as possible. “The Committees on Foreign Affairs and Judicial Issues should consider the case, which would take at least three months. We will surely insist on the positive decision, because it’s our key political priority”, he said.
Iryna Gherashchenko, First Deputy Speaker of the Ukrainian Parliament, noted that the European Parliament will most likely assign a rapporteur on visa-free regime discussion. “We hope this discussion will be fruitful and positive for Ukraine. We once again expressed our position, saying that the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement is not subject to any further discussions. The document should stay as it is, the way we supported it. It was ratified by Ukraine and 27 EU member countries, it should start working ASAP”, she concluded.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
- SPORT16:48Boxing: Lomachenko and Russian boxer pose wearing T-shirts with Ukrainian trident
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Hug: More action by JCCC needed for successful disengagement in Donbas
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case