Italy: Ukrainian issue is not less important than events in Syria
President Mattarella also assured the prolongation of sanctions against Russia until full implementation of the Minsk agreements
President of Italy Sergio Mattarella had a meeting with Ukrainian President Poroshenko in the framework of his official visit to Italy, states Poroshenko's press office.
"Sergio Mattarella confirmed that Italy stood for the necessity of prolongation of sanctions against Russia until full implementation of the Minsk agreements, - according to the statement. - He stressed that Italy would not let the Ukrainian issue loose its importance because of the events in Syria".
The parties agreed to exchange experience in the creation of efficient judicial system, transformation of Constitution and fight against corruption given the reform of the national anti-corruption body in Italy in 2014. The parties also discussed the possibility of joint training of the Ukrainian National Guard and the Italian Carabinieri.
Petro Poroshenko and Sergio Mattarella stand for the intensification of contacts between Ukraine and Italy in the sphere of culture, education and science, including the exchange of students. Italian President expressed support for the visa-free travel of Ukrainians within the EU taking into account large Ukrainian community in Italy.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Peskov denies Putin, Poroshenko talking in raised voice in Berlin 24 October, 17:23
Most influential Ukrainian in the world passed away 24 October, 19:37
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas