Italian deputies to visit Crimea in October
Deputies of Italian regional councils supporting Crimea's annexation by Russia are to visit Crimea on October 13 - 16
The delegation of deputies of the Italian regional councils is to visit the occupied Crimea in October.
"Our delegation will be in the Crimea on October 13 - 16," - said the representative of the delegation, member of the Regional Council of Veneto Stefano Valdegamberi, reported by RIA Novosti.
According to him, the official program of the visit is not approved yet.
Earlier Valdegamberi announced that the delegation will include representatives of the Italian regions of Veneto, Liguria, Lombardy, Tuscany, Emilia Romagna and, possibly, Piedmont.
As we reported earlier, these are the regional councils, which voted for recognizing the occupied Crimea as a territory of the Russian Federation and for cancelling sanctions against Russia. According to these regional councils resolutions, the heads of the regional councils of Italy are entitled to cooperate with Italy’s government and parliament and the EU’s other institutions in order to revise EU-Russia relations, as well as initiate signature gathering to cancel anti-Russian sanctions.
As it was reported earlier, the occupied Crimea was visited by the delegation of 11 French deputies on July 29, headed by the deputy of the National Assembly, co-chairman of the Franco-Russian Dialogue Association Thierry Mariani. There they were accompanied by the head of the State Duma's Committee on CIS Affairs Leonid Slutsky.
Note that their previous visit was in the summer of 2015. Later it became known that the Prosecutor's Office of the Crimea initiated a court case against the French deputies who visited the peninsula.
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars