Inventing Eastern Europe: Poles depicted Lviv as part of their country
Public campaign "Race of Independence" intentionally used the prewar Polish map
Polish public campaign called "Race of Independence" uses a prewar map of the country, which includes part of the current territory of Ukraine, Belarus and Lithuania. It was stated by public figure Witold Jurasz in his Facebook. The poster of this project depicting prewar map of Poland was also placed in the building of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
At the same time organizers of the civil campaign note that they have done it deliberately.
"We would like to inform you that is our unique view, showing how two separate maps of Poland are put on one another. First is a map of the border since 1918, after Poland has gained its independence, and the second one is a modern map. This division provides signature 1918 - 2015," as said in a statement.
It should be noted that Ukrainin Ministry of Foreign Affairs gave no comments on the situation with the map. Mayor of Lviv Andrii Sadovyi stated that he asked Consul General of Poland in Lviv to give an official explanation on the incident.
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
- UKRAINE CRISIS 11:2333 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ
- SOCIETY10:33Free Sentsov action at Ukraine’s film festival in Poland
- SPORT09:49Ukraine’s athletes win five medals at World Cup in swimming
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars