International Advisory Board about importance of fighting corruption in Ukraine
Members discussed military situation in Donbas, reforms and international support for Ukraine
President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko participated in the first meeting of the International Advisory Board, with the participation of Prime Minister of Australia Tony Abbott, Marshal of the Polish Sejm (2014-2015), Minister of Foreign Affairs of Poland (2007-2014) Radoslaw Sikorski, head of the European Parliament Committee on Foreign Affairs Elmar Brock and the Prime Minister of Slovakia (1998-2006) Mikuláš Dzurinda. It is reported by the press service of the head of state.
During the meeting, Radoslaw Sikorski said that for Ukraine it is important to focus on reforms and continue to combat corruption effectively. Elmar Brok said that Ukraine should continue to implement reforms that will confirm its ability to be a successful state.
Tony Abbott said that diplomats from many countries have concluded that over the last two years, Ukraine has carried out more reforms than in the entire history of its independence, and it is a very successful period in the development of the state.
Prime Minister of Slovakia (1998-2006) Mikuláš Dzurinda stressed the importance of maintaining sanctions against the Russian Federation and the preservation of the policy of "open doors" with Ukraine from the EU and NATO.
Merkel stresses importance of negotiations on Ukraine with Putin 20 October, 12:42
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy four meeting finished, Poroshenko leaves 20 October, 00:58
Poroshenko holds speech after Normandy Four meeting 20 October, 01:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:05Two wounded, no dead in Donbas over past day, - Lysenko
- SPORT13:14Ukraine’s cyclist wins bronze at European Championship
- POLITICS12:34Ukraine’s Interpol to conduct internal review of Yanukovych allies’ charges
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars