Information provocations expected as referendum in the Netherlands approaches, - Foreign Ministry
The peak number of information attacks and provocations is expected in the last two weeks before the event, Ukraine’s Foreign Office says
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry says there will be more and more information provocations on the threshold of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement referendum in the Netherlands. Dmytro Kuleba, Special Envoy of Ukraine's Foreign Ministry said this at a briefing in Kyiv, which was broadcasted by 112 Ukraine TV channel.
“The number of provocations and fake news will grow as the referendum approaches. Certainly, the peak number of information attacks and provocations is expected in the last two weeks before the event. On the behalf of the Foreign Ministry, I urge every medium, every journalist and other companies and individuals related to this topic to be keep a sharp lookout for the information that shows up in the media space”, Kuleba said.
January 18, a video emerged in Youtube where masked gunmen who posed themselves as soldiers of Azov (the volunteer regiment of Ukraine’s Interior Ministry) threatened the Dutch. They promised to commit terrorist acts in the Netherlands in case the Dutch government doesn’t ratify the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement. The disguised men burned the state flag of the Netherlands. They didn’t conceal the fact the video was uploaded in the view of the forthcoming referendum in the Netherlands.
As is known, during the referendum slated for April 2016, the Dutch citizens are expected to support or refute the ratification of the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement by the government.
Azov regiment reacted to the release of the video, saying it was a fake. They added that the video was uploaded at a fresh Youtube account, and many fails (such as absence of the regiment’s insignia, non-relevant uniform and boots, as well as airsoft guns they held in their hands) point out that it simply couldn’t be Azov fighters.
Ukraine in UN to oppose attempts to undermine world order 24 October, 22:37
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:44Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt
- SOCIETY12:55SBU interrogates Savchenko as witness in Ukraine’s territorial integrity infringement case
- SOCIETY11:58Lutkovska calls on Russia’s Ombudsman to rethink transfer of Sentsov, Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY11:14Groysman: We conduct large-scale reform of local self-government in Ukraine
- SOCIETY10:3180 human rights organizations urge not to allow Russia to UN Human Rights Council
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas