In 2015, EU humanitarian aid to Ukraine totaled EUR 30 mln, – Stylianides
Brussels considers conducting rescue operations in Donbas one of its priorities, EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management said
Since the beginning of Donbas conflict, the European Commission provided almost EUR 63 mln to Ukraine; the money went to both humanitarian aid and restoration works in war-torn areas of Donbas. Christos Stylianides, EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, replied this to the request of Estonian MEP Urmas Paet, Deutsche Welle reports.
“Only in 2015, EUR 30 mln was allocated for humanitarian aid”, Stylianides said. He added that the European Commission considers one of its priorities conducting rescue operations in Donbas.
In July, 2015, the European Commission issued an aid package worth EUR 15 million to Ukraine. “Together with the funding provided directly by Member States, the EU as a whole has directed over EUR 223 million to those affected by the conflict since early 2014. Projects implemented until June 2015 - funded partially or totally by the Commission - have directly helped 1,570,000 Ukrainians”, reads a press release at the European Commission’s website.
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
- UA & EU08:39Klimkin visits Netherlands to promote EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- UKRAINE CRISIS 07:53Donbas: 122 mm shells hit Bohuslavske, Luhansk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 12 attacks by Russia-backed militants since Monday evening
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas