Hahn: EU to provide financial assistance for reforms in Ukraine
European Union is ready to support government service reforms till December 2016
The European Commissioner for European Neighborhood Policy and Enlargement Negotiations Johannes Hahn said this during a meeting with Ukraine's Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman, UNIAN reports.
In particular, according to the European Commissioner, the EU is ready to provide financial assistance to support the public administration reform until the end of the year, the total amount of which is 90 million euros for three years, and pledged to support Ukraine in implementing the reforms.
Groysman noted that the reform of the civil service started on May 1. They already adopted a strategy, plan to form a special department at the Secretariat of the Cabinet, which will deal with the implementation of this reform. He also added they are going to create the Reform Support Group to the Prime Minister.
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case