Grybauskaite welcomes proposal of European Commission on cancellation of visa regime for Ukrainians
Leader of Lithuania remarked that the European choice of Ukrainians is irreversible
President of Lithuania Dalia Grybauskaite welcomes the proposal of the European Commission on cancellation of the visa regime for Ukrainians, the Head of the Republic of Lithuania wrote on her page in Twitter.
“We are welcoming the decision of the European Commission on granting the non-visa regime for Ukraine. The European choice of the Ukrainian people is irreversible”, - the Lithuanian leader wrote.
We remind that on April 20 the European Commission proposed to the European Parliament and Council of the European Union to cancel the visa regime for citizens of Ukraine.
Upon accepting the proposal by the European Parliament and Council, citizens of Ukraine will be able to travel without visas with biometric passports for the period of 90 days to the Schengen area. The non-visa regime will be applied to all member countries of the EU, except for Ireland and Great Britain, and four associated countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). At the same time, cancellation of the visa regime does not stipulate automatic provision of work permit in the EU.
According to Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin, Ukraine can be granted the non-visa regime with EU in summer-autumn of 2016.
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
- POLITICS09:28Syrian army vows to down Turkish military aircraft
- POLITICS08:47Russia: ‘Humanitarian break’ in Aleppo continues until October 24
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:00Donbas: Vicinities of Mariupol under mortar fire
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels