Germany is ready to allocate money for Donbas restoration
Some €500 mln may come to recreate the infrastructure of eastern Ukraine, destroyed by hostilities
Germany is ready to allocate €500 mln for the restoration of eastern Ukraine, as stated Ukrainian President Poroshenko, Ukrinform.
"German Chancellor Angela Merkel suggested that the country is ready to allocate €500 mln, which could be immediately directed at restoration of Donbas infrastructure. We will do it, but the situation must be peaceful there," noted President Poroshenko. Earlier, he had stated that the international coalition will help Ukraine restore destroyed infrastructure of the eastern part of the country, which suffered from the severe hostilities.
Recalling, Ukrainian Ministry of Infrastructure has spent 50 mln EUR, which came as a loan from German parliament, for restoration of Donbas. In April 2015 the Government of Germany and Ukraine signed a Memorandum of Understanding and the provision of misuse of credit in the amount of 500 mln EUR. The funds are to be spent on restoration and modernization of eastern Ukraine, including constructing the new objects.
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day 23 October, 22:03
OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement 23 October, 19:40
Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported 22 October, 22:01
33 ceasefire violations in Donbas region reported, - ATO HQ 23 October, 11:23
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:03Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported over the day
- UA & EU21:13Ukraine to get visa-free regime until 24 November, - Poroshenko
- POLITICS20:25"All Minsk agreements are transparent", - Poroshenko
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:40OSCE again reports on limiting access to three sites of disangagement
- RUSSIA18:54American hacker defaced Russian MFA website and left warning
- SOCIETY18:06Strategic command-staff exercises "Rubizh-2016" completed in Ukraine
- SOCIETY17:18"State secret" stamp wouldn't be removed, but some documents will be opened, - Feygin
- SOCIETY16:27Militant Vokha to became new commander of Sparta separatist battalion after Motorola
- POLITICS15:41Russia interested in Ukraine unified within internationally recognized borders, - Peskov
- POLITICS14:52Belavia has recording of threats of Ukrainian air traffic controllers
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars