Gerashchenko: French Senate to hold debate on lifting off sanctions against Russia
She also met with a member of the French Senate Jean-Yves Leconte
The French Senate on June 8 will hold the debate on the resolution on lifting off sanctions against Russia. This was reported by the first deputy chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Iryna Gerashchenko on Facebook.
Gerashchenko met with a member of the French Senate Jean-Yves Leconte.
"On June 8, the Senate of the French Republic will hold the debate on the resolution on the lifting sanctions against Russia, which some pro-Kremlin French deputies are offering to remove. We talked about the sanctions, the implementation of the Minsk agreements, visa-free regime. French senator repeated the message about the elections in Donbas (in the context of importance of decentralization): offered to Mr. Leconte to come on such an election as observer and asked who among European politicians still willing to come as the observer to the occupied territory, where there are tens of thousands of armed men, when the cities are larded with Russian weapons. We advocate for decentralization, but only after the demilitarization. For the elections, but against the farce of militants called "elections", - wrote Gerashchenko.
She noted that the elections can take place only after the establishment of a stable regime of silence, disarmament and the withdrawal of foreign troops, according to OSCE standards and Ukrainian legislation.
Ukraine banned all Russian payment systems in Ukraine 18 October, 14:35
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas