22:31 22.08.2017 Ukraine’s state export control system prevents possibility of rocket engine transfers to DPRK
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Russia offers Ukrainians its passports by simplified procedure 1 August, 23:14
- UKRAINE TOP 10:38Belarus invites Ukrainian observers to West-2017 drills
- UKRAINE TOP 10:01Poroshenko solemnly raises National Flag on Sofia Square
- POLITICS09:21Russia to respond to US sanctions, - Russian MFA
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:39Militants shell 28 times in Donbas, four Ukrainian soldiers injured
- SOCIETY08:00Ukraine celebrates National Flag Day
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:56Donbas: Heavy artillery shells hit Mariinka, Krasnohorivka
- UKRAINE TOP 23:12Poroshenko opens new radio, TV broadcasting station in Bakhmutivka, Luhansk region
- POLITICS22:31Ukraine’s state export control system prevents possibility of rocket engine transfers to DPRK
- POLITICS21:42America could take means against Syria for chemical weapons use
- POLITICS20:58Poroshenko announces phone conference in Normandy format
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:27, 22 August Exhibition of Ukraine's modern military vehicles
16:15, 21 August Kyiv tank factory presents T-72 A, the modernized main battle tank