20:15 28.04.2017 $1.5 billion of confiscated funds transferred to State Treasury Service, — Lutsenko
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Mogherini: Good relations with Russia depend on Minsk agreements 24 April, 11:46
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:52Donbas conflict: 31 attacks reported over past day, two Ukrainian soldiers killed
- UA & EU23:19Montenegro parliament approved NATO membership
- UA & EU22:44Merkel believes Macron will be strong president if elected
- UKRAINE TOP 22:08HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: APR. 24 - 28
- UA & EU21:30EU recognizes outcome of referendum in Turkey, — Mogherini
- POLITICS20:52United States is ready to take military measures against North Korea
- UKRAINE TOP 20:15$1.5 billion of confiscated funds transferred to State Treasury Service, — Lutsenko
- UKRAINE TOP 19:31Eurovision2107 performers: Kristian Kostov from Bulgaria
- SPORT19:27Boxing: Joshua turns out to be 4 kg heavier than Klitschko
- UKRAINE TOP 18:56Eurovision2107 performers: Jacques Houdek from Croatia
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine