16:46 16.01.2017 Head of Central Election Committee summoned for interview at Anti-Corruption Bureau
15:04 16.01.2017 Russian artist Pavlensky emigrated because of rape charges, seeking asylum in France
14:09 16.01.2017 People's Front offers to consider Savchenko’s membership in National Security Council
13:39 16.01.2017 Smolensk plane crash: Russia hands all records from ‘black boxes’ to Poland, - Russian FM
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Brussels counts to grant visa-free regime for Ukraine in May-June 11 January, 14:39
EU ready to assign EUR 100 mln to fill Ukraine’s energy efficiency fund 10 January, 22:51
Ukraine’s Foreign Ministry considers signing open sky agreement with EU 10 January, 13:51
- POLITICS16:46Head of Central Election Committee summoned for interview at Anti-Corruption Bureau
- UKRAINE TOP 16:31Skirmish in Rivne occurred between amber diggers and newly arrived “support”
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:56Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- POLITICS15:48Ukraine’s combat medic sentenced to eight years in jail for state treason
- RUSSIA15:04Russian artist Pavlensky emigrated because of rape charges, seeking asylum in France
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:31One Ukrainian soldier injured in ATO area
- POLITICS14:21Savchenko releases corrected lists of POWs of Donbas conflict
- POLITICS14:09People's Front offers to consider Savchenko’s membership in National Security Council
- POLITICS13:39Smolensk plane crash: Russia hands all records from ‘black boxes’ to Poland, - Russian FM
- UKRAINE TOP 13:25Memorial to UPR army soldiers installed in Dnipro city
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:34, 13 January 'Train of Friendship' for children of Donbas