16:31 28.02.2017 Russian Foreign Ministry accuses US Congress of preparation of economic blockade against Russia
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Dutch EU-Ukraine AA voting to take place next week 14 February, 08:32
Dutch Lower House of Parliament supports Association with Ukraine 23 February, 22:15
EU to allocate 18 million euro to help affected Donbas residents 20 February, 16:44
- POLITICS16:31Russian Foreign Ministry accuses US Congress of preparation of economic blockade against Russia
- UKRAINE CRISIS 16:03Blockade activists under attack in Kryvy Torets
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:51Avakov calls on Anti-Terrorist Centre lift Donbas blockade
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:24“Poroshenko – Putin, Zakharchenko – me” – Savchenko calls for direct negotiations
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:33Russia and ORDLO deny ICRC access hostages
- POLITICS14:06Russia looks for good signs from Trump in his speech to Congress
- UKRAINE CRISIS 13:01Russia may use Savchenko to oust OSCE from negotiations with militants
- UKRAINE TOP 12:18Turkish President Erdogan to visit Ukraine in March-April
- FINANCE12:08Gas pressure on entering the Ukraine’s gas transportation system drops to record low, - Naftogaz
- UKRAINE TOP 12:00Trialogue on visa liberalization for Ukraine to take place today
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:39, 27 February Militants shell Avdiivka, critical infrastructure is damaged
18:27, 27 February Three years ago Russia invaded Crimea