21:09 29.05.2017 Kremlin announces telephone conversation between Normandy four leaders in coming days
19:07 29.05.2017 EU granted modernization of checkpoint in Zakarpatiia but contractors ran away with money
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
Prime Minister of Bavaria to meet Poroshenko 24 May, 14:05
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:53Donbas conflict: Enemy attacks 16 times
- UA & EU23:21Putin and Macron discussed ways to de-escalate conflict in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 22:34Hearing in Yanukovych case adjourned until June 16
- UKRAINE TOP 22:12Ukraine announced its readiness to conduct consultations with Russia within WTO
- POLITICS21:09Kremlin announces telephone conversation between Normandy four leaders in coming days
- RUSSIA20:25Number of hurricane victims in Moscow rises to 11, — source
- UKRAINE TOP 19:44Cabinet of Ministers offers to legalize SSU’s secret detention facilities
- FINANCE19:07EU granted modernization of checkpoint in Zakarpatiia but contractors ran away with money
- UKRAINE TOP 18:26Searches in Yandex offices concluded: Company suspected of illegal collection of information
- FINANCE18:02Government of Ukraine creates task group to work out land reform
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
16:16, 29 May Ukrainian court continues to look into Yanukovych case