19:20 24.03.2017 Voronenkov’s killer got fired from National Guard for inability to meet contract terms
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
NATO deploys the first unit of its British battalion in Estonia 18 March, 21:42
- SPORT00:03Croatia-Ukraine: Shevchenko’s team loses in Zagreb
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:5148 attacks reported in Donbas, two Ukrainian officers killed
- UA & EU23:14Tusk and Poroshenko to meet in Malta
- UKRAINE TOP 22:27Current situation in Balakliya: Fire extinguished
- UKRAINE TOP 22:00HIGHLIGHTS OF THE WEEK: Mar. 20 - 24
- UKRAINE TOP 21:15Voronenkov’s ceremony will be held in St Volodymyr's Cathedral in Kyiv
- SOCIETY20:34Journalist Kristina Berdynskykh released from police station in Minsk
- RUSSIA19:53ISIS claimed responsibility for attack on Russian Guard unit in Chechnya
- UKRAINE TOP 19:20Voronenkov’s killer got fired from National Guard for inability to meet contract terms
- UKRAINE TOP 18:46Ukrainian journalist detained in Belarus
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:35, 20 March Ukrainian busted upon attempt to ship 10 kg of amber to Poland