11:01 29.06.2017 Russia prepares responsive measures in reply to arrest of their diplomatic property in the U.S.
French publishing house "returned" Crimea to Ukraine
The maps in the atlases, which had depicted Crimea as a part of Russia, were edited
French publishing house Larousse has edited the materials in their atlases after official apply from Ukrainian Embassy and the statement of Ukrainian Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
In the edition of socio-economic atlas of the world in 2016 of French publishing house annexed Crimea was depicted as a part of Russian Federation.
Extraordinary and PlenipotentiaryAmbassador of Ukraine to France Oleh Shamshur addressed a formal letter to the publishing house.
"I was deeply shocked to know that recently Larousse [publishing house – ed.] whom I trusted and often used in my work, on page number 105 of its edition of socio-economic atlas in 2016 depicted the basic map of Crimea as part of Russia's territory", Shamshur said.
Despite the presence of an asterisk under the picture of Crimean peninsula and an explanation that Crimea was attached (and not “annexed”) by Russia, Larousse atlas contradicts the official position of France and contributes to violations of international law by Russia, the Ambassador claimed.
However, the French authorities among the first came down on the side of protection of territorial integrity of Ukraine and strongly condemned the illegal annexation of the Crimea after referendum that was conducted contrary to Ukrainian legislation and international law, Shamshur said.
- UKRAINE TOP 13:29Romania to give Ukraine cyber protection equipment for over €1 million
- RUSSIA13:16Putin claims that foreign special services support terrorists at Russian borders
- POLITICS12:37EU decision to extend sanctions against Russia comes into force
- UKRAINE TOP 12:02Petya virus disguised as ransom virus aimed at Ukraine, - expert
- POLITICS11:31US Senate approves $700 billion defense budget bill
- UKRAINE TOP 11:30Money not likely main motive of cyberattackers, - UN
- POLITICS11:01Russia prepares responsive measures in reply to arrest of their diplomatic property in the U.S.
- UKRAINE TOP 10:45Russia, America to hold talks on Ukraine’s Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 10:08Kyiv court continues hearing in Yanukovych case
- POLITICS10:02America ready to strike Syria after news on Assad chemical weapon, - CNN
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine