French Internal Minister: Ukraine shouldn't expect receiving visa-free regime in coming weeks or months
This position was supported by Minister of Internal Affairs of Germany
On Friday, EU interior ministers during debate on granting visa-free regime to Turkey discussed the proposals on the mechanism of blocking it in case of a sharp increase in migration, or violations, according to Europe Online.
Ukraine, Georgia and Kosovo also expect to get visa-free regime in the coming months. And although the European Commission recognizes that these countries fulfilled all the conditions for liberalization, Minister of Internal Affairs of France Bernard Cazeneuve at the meeting noted that the issue of visa-free travel to three countries "can not be considered in the coming weeks and months."
This position was supported by the Minister of Internal Affairs of Germany, Thomas de Mezieres, who said that any new decisions on visa liberalization will not be approved before the adoption of the mechanism of its rapid blocking.
- FINANCE15:17IMF mission to arrive to Ukraine in November
- SOCIETY14:30Sushchenko needs to be exchanged, - lawyer
- SOCIETY13:30Moscow court rejects appeal on Sushchenko’s arrest
- SOCIETY12:43112 Ukraine becomes best news TV channel 2016
- SOCIETY11:21Savchenko in Moscow walks on Red Square and visits Ukraine’s Embassy
- POLITICS10:32NATO describes rotation of forces in Eastern Europe
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:44Militants increase fire activity: 72 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:05Russia sends its 57th humanitarian convoy to Donbas
- SOCIETY08:14Russia provides Netherlands with MH17 materials
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case