Federica Mogherini: Ukrainian issues are under the scrutiny of the EU
EU is more and more interested and focused on what happens at its eastern and southern borders
EU High Representative Federica Mogherini assures that Ukraine still remains under the scrutiny of the EU. It was stated during a joint briefing with President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko.
"The situation in Ukraine remains one of the priorities on the agenda of the EU. The EU is more and more interested and focused on what happens at the southern and the eastern border of the Union and we remain united in our support for what is going on here in Ukraine. Tension in the east must not be spread to the south of Ukraine. And we would like to welcome the efforts that have been made by Ukraine. We will be united in our position in the work that we are doing with Ukraine," said Mogherini in her statement.
As was reported before by some unofficial sources, during this year summit of the leaders of countries of European Union (December 2015) intend to prolong the current sanctions against the Russian Federation for the next six months.
Watch our video
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
- POLITICS09:15Ukraine, France discuss placing OSCE police mission in Donbas
- UKRAINE CRISIS 08:30Donbas: 54 attacks on Ukrainian positions over last 24 hours
- POLITICS07:50Klimkin: Normandy Four foreign ministers could meet in late November
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas: 152 mm shells hit Vodyane, Donetsk region
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:50OSCE SMM reports increase of military activity in Donbas
- UKRAINE TOP 21:18Ukraine slaps Russian airlines with 28 million dollars fine
- RUSSIA19:47Foreign Ministry: Russia must release Sushchenko and other detained Ukrainians
- FINANCE19:00IMF confirm visit of their mission to Ukraine in November
- POLITICS18:14Amnesty International: Karpyuk, Klykh fell victims of Russian parody on justice
- POLITICS17:31Avakov: Russia can only be defeated by united worldwide opposition
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case