European Parliament could vote for visa free regime with Ukraine in September
Reporter Rikard Jozwiak tweeted this on Tuesday
“The vote in the EP plenary for the visa lib for #Georgia & #Ukraine can take place in July but it will be tight. September more likely”, Radio Liberty’s correspondent in Brussels posted.
Previously, Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko said he saw no reasons for stalling the procedure of granting Ukraine the visa free regime with the EU. He expects the regime to take effect in several months, while Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin specified it can start working in summer or autumn this year.
On April 20, the European Commission offered the European Parliament and the European Council to cancel visas for Ukrainian citizens. Upon accepting the proposal by the European Parliament and Council, citizens of Ukraine will be able to travel without visas with biometric passports for the period of 90 days to the Schengen area. The non-visa regime will be applied to all member countries of the EU, except for Ireland and Great Britain, and four associated countries (Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland). At the same time, cancellation of the visa regime does not stipulate automatic provision of work permit in the EU.
Netherlands may delay consultations on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement 28 October, 15:46
Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side 28 October, 20:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:58Donbas conflict: 21 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:07Yanukovych can not be interrogated due to absence of video conferencing system
- FINANCE22:17Poland Deputy PM: Doubling of minimum salary in Ukraine is unpleasant surprise
- POLITICS21:34Russia is not re-elected to UN Human Rights Council
- SOCIETY20:43Savchenko’s declaration: Sister’s cars and mother’s land
- UA & EU20:04Schulz: European Parliament is on Ukraine’s side
- SOCIETY19:14Halloween is coming in Ukraine
- UA & EU18:43Tusk: EU needs to complete internal procedures for granting visa liberation to Ukraine
- UKRAINE CRISIS 17:59Russian aviation drill airstrikes in Belarus airspace near Ukrainian border, - intelligence
- POLITICS17:29Russian forces may reach Tallinn and Riga in 60 hours max, - RAND report
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case