European Court examines more than 14 000 lawsuits against Ukraine
About 9000 of them relate to non-execution of the European Court of Human Rights judgments
Ukraine still remains one of the leaders in the number of citizens' complaints to the European Court of Human Rights and also in the number of repeated complaints. Now Court examines 14 250 applications against Ukraine, reported NV.
It is noted that about 9000 of them relate to non-execution of the ECHR judgments.
From other categories many complaints are related to the length of the proceedings, unjustified and prolonged detention of a person, tortures, mistreatment or punishment.
The European experts pointed out that the process of qualitative structural changes introduction and the European standards implementation into national Ukrainian legislation is going extremely slow.
Experts urged judges and other legal community professionals to make efforts to develop the national legal system in accordance with the Convention on the protection of human rights and fundamental freedoms requirements in order to Ukrainian citizens to find their problems’ solutions at the national level.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
EU is ready to discuss introducing new sanctions against Russia 13 October, 10:27
- POLITICS15:58Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine
- UKRAINE TOP 15:18Searches at Kseniya Babych: 112 Ukraine TV channel statement
- POLITICS14:44Lutsenko: 20 searches at a time conducted by Ukrainian law enforcers
- UKRAINE TOP 13:54Searches at Kseniya Babych: it is dangerous for Ukrainian journalists to stay in Moscow, - Feygin
- RUSSIA13:22Russia refuses to hand Sentsov over to Ukraine
- POLITICS12:32Searches at Kseniya Babych: No media freedom in Russia for long time already, - Gerashchenko
- UKRAINE TOP 11:51Searches in Moscow flat of Ukrainian journalist Kseniya Babych
- POLITICS11:15Searches at Kseniya Babych: Russian law enforcers search apartment of 112 Ukraine TV channel's reporter in Moscow
- UKRAINE CRISIS 10:58Poltorak: Minsk agreements put Debaltseve as Ukrainian territory
- POLITICS10:12Cabinet allocates USD 4.8 mln for development of military technologies
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars
18:42, 20 October Poroshenko, Orban meet in Brussels