European Commissioner Malmström: EU to continue supporting Ukraine
EU is going to assist Ukraine in implementing reforms and countering Russian aggression
European Commissioner for Trade Incumbent Cecilia Malmström during the meeting with the Prime Minister of Ukraine Arseniy Yatsenyuk confirmed the EU's willingness to continue to provide full assistance to Ukraine in implementing reforms and countering Russian aggression.
As reported by the press service of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine, Malmström said that the EU is ready to provide expertise and support "in order to deepen cooperation between the Ukraine and EU".
The parties also discussed concrete steps towards the introduction to the January 1, 2016 the free trade regime between Ukraine and the EU, improving access of Ukrainian exporters in the EU market, as well as a package of measures to support exports and attracting foreign direct investment into the economy of the state.
"In this context the sides noted the importance of holding the February 2016 business forum EU - Ukraine, which will facilitate direct contacts between Ukrainian and European producers," as said in a statement. The Prime Minister called for the possibility of establishing a fund to increase payments for Ukrainian civil servants and additional expertise and technical support from the EU of a number of government initiatives.
Yatsenyuk and Malmström discussed the prospects for a peaceful settlement of the situation in eastern Ukraine.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
- POLITICS22:42German investigators to provide more information on Sheremet’s murder, - Ukrainian police
- POLITICS21:14NATO official: Alliance and Ukraine to enhance cooperation in security sector
- SOCIETY19:49Lutsenko: Heavenly Hundred murders may be considered by Hague
- FINANCE19:02Doing Business 2017 rating: Ukraine rises to 80th position
- UKRAINE CRISIS 18:18Stratfor: Motorola murdered either by militants or Russian special services
- POLITICS17:32Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine
- UA & EU16:48MEP: EU-Ukraine visa free regime could be voted before November 24
- POLITICS16:0014 Russian citizens detained during counter-terrorism operation in Germany
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:15Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes
- SOCIETY14:31US extends ban on flights of aircraft in Simferopol and Dnipropetrovsk
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas