European Commissioner for Trade to visit Ukraine on September 29 – 30
The purpose of the visit is to sum up the progress in implementing Association agreement in trade and business climate
European Commissioner on trade Cecilia Malmstrom will visit Kyiv on October 29 – 30 to see the representatives of Ukrainian authorities, MPs and business community. This was announced by the press-service of the EU in Ukraine.
Specifically, Malmstrom will meet with the Prime Minister Volodymyr Groysman, Vice-Prime Minister for European and Euro-Atlantic integration of Ukraine Ivanna Klympush-Tsintsadze and Ukrainian Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin.
“The purpose of the visit is to sum up the progress in implementing Association agreement in trade and business climate. The Euro Commissioner will become the trigger to discuss further potential opening of the market from the side of the EU, which will give Ukrainian companies and citizens some positive benefits,” – reads the message.
It is noted that export from Ukraine to the EU increased by 5% since the moment of a temporarily introduction of deep and broad free trade area from January 1. Apart from that, the issue of the next 600 million Euro tranche is to be discussed in the framework of macroeconomic assistance from the EU to Ukraine. The allocation of the tranche still depends on fulfilling specific obligations by Ukraine.
As we reported earlier, the International Monetary Fund transferred 1 billion dollars of the third tranche to Ukraine on September 16. The decision of the Executive Board of the IMF on the allocation of $ 1 billion was adopted with the exceptions to the general rules, taking into account the current economic situation in the country.
Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine 21 October, 21:39
MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1 21 October, 23:21
Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details 21 October, 20:34
Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators 21 October, 22:18
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars