European Commission to submit legislative proposal on visa-free regime for Ukraine
In the first quarter of the year, Kyiv should fulfill its commitments in this area to speed up the process
The European Commission will soon submit the legislative proposal on introduction of visa free regime for Ukraine. Dirk Schubel, Head of Division for bilateral relations with the Eastern Partnership countries in the European External Action Service said this on January 26 (UNIAN).
“There’s no certain date for this proposal, but it’s going to happened very soon”, Schuebel said during his speech at the meeting of EU-Ukraine Association Committee.
He also said that no all EU member countries are sure about the necessity of the visa free regime for Ukraine.
“In turn, by the end of the first quarter, Kyiv should fulfill its commitments in this area to speed up the process in the European Council and persuade the countries that still doubt”. Schuebel said.
Previously, the European Parliament positively assessed progress showed by Ukraine, Georgia and Moldova regarding the fulfillment of provisions of Association Agreements.
In December 2015, the European Commission released the sixth report on Ukraine’s fulfillment of the Visa Liberalization Action Plan. The report says the country meets all requirements, so the commission will submit the legislative proposal to change the EU regulations.
Earlier, Ukraine’s Foreign Minister Pavlo Klimkin said that the decision will be submitted to the EU Council in the first few months of 2016.
Ukraine’s Helsinki Union creates center to document war crimes 25 October, 15:15
Stoltenberg: NATO stands with Ukraine 25 October, 17:32
Trilateral contact group returns to work in Minsk, - Tandyt 25 October, 13:44
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
- POLITICS16:26Putin is ready to negotiate with any US president
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case