European Commission to approve visa-free regime for Ukraine, - Hahn
Similar decision will be made on Georgia
On December 15 in Brussels, the European Commission will give positive recommendations regarding the liberalization of visa regime for Ukraine and Georgia. Commissioner for EU Enlargement and Neighborhood Policy Johannes Hahn said this before the meeting of the EU Council on Foreign Affairs (Ukrinform).
“This week, we will get positive reports and recommendations regarding the issue of visa liberalization", Hahn said, speaking about European Commission’s reports on the progress made in this area by Ukraine and Georgia.
Lithuania’s Foreign Ministry Linas Linkevicius also stressed his confidence regarding the canceling of visas for Ukrainian and Georgian citizens. According to him, both countries showed tangible progress in the visa-free dialogue with the EU.
The official added that the decision to extend sanctions against Russia will be made by the consensus.
On December 15, the European Commission is expected to present the full report on Ukraine’s fulfillment of all conditions to get the visa-free regime with the EU. Ukraine’s Foreing Ministry says that Ukrainian citizens will enjoy the visa-free regime two or three months after the European Commission and the European Council make their decisions.
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Russia predicts new crisis in EU-Ukraine relations 24 October, 21:04
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 28 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:14OSCE Representative to visit occupied Donbas, meet Ukraine’s hostages
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:31Next Trilateral Contact Group meeting in Minsk planned for November 9
- UKRAINE CRISIS 21:49Ukraine in Minsk offers to liquidate Donetsk and Luhansk republics
- POLITICS20:56Poroshenko receives credentials from Iraq and Azerbaijan Ambassadors
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:18Ukraine in Minsk insists on primacy security issues and OSCE border control
- UKRAINE CRISIS 19:34Russia not to allow ICRC mission to Ukraine’s prisoners in Donbas
- FINANCE18:44Groysman provides electronic declaration of his possessions
- POLITICS17:57Poroshenko receives credentials from Ambassador of Poland Jan Peklo
- SOCIETY17:15Russia's Supreme Court upheld Karpyuk, Klykh sentences
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
19:02, 26 October Anti-Putin protests in Tel-Aviv
18:44, 26 October Russia's Supreme Court hearing in Klykh-Karpyuk case