European Commission supports introduction of visa-free regime with Ukraine
Ukraine's Foreign Ministry held meeting with First Vice-President of the EC
The European Commission (EC) supports the introduction of a visa-free regime with Ukraine. It is reported by the Ukrainian Foreign Ministry after the meeting of the Foreign Minister of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin with the first Vice-President of the European Commission for better governance, inter-institutional relations, the rule of law and the Charter of Fundamental Rights Frans Timmermans in Brussels.
The parties discussed in detail the main issues on the agenda of relations between Ukraine and the EU, in particular the prospects for liberalization of the EU visa regime for Ukrainian citizens, and the completion of the ratification process of the Association Agreement.
According to the report, Klimkin briefly commented on the progress of Ukraine in the practical implementation of reforms, stressing the implementation by Ukraine of all obligations under the plan on visa liberalization action. Timmermans, in turn, noted the full support of the European Commission for the introduction of a visa-free regime with Ukraine.
Recall that the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Pavlo Klimkin visits Luxembourg and Brussels on October 16-17.
According to the report, during this visit Klimkin took part in a meeting in the format "Ukraine + Friends of Ukraine in the EU" at the level of the Member States of the European Union foreign ministers.
Linkevicius: Lithuania might extend sanctions against Russia 20 October, 16:30
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Merkel, Hollande may discuss sanctions against Russia at EU Summit 20 October, 08:56
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- SOCIETY18:45Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
- SOCIETY14:03Belavia’s passenger plane forcibly landed in Zhuliany airport in Kyiv
- POLITICS13:13Lutsenko: Every third local prosecutor replaced across Ukraine
- RUSSIA12:28Klykh grew insane due to tortures in Russia, - human rights defender
- RUSSIA11:46Russia presents FIFA World Cup 2018 mascot
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars