European Commission: outcome of Dutch plebiscite won't harm implementation of Association Agreement
The Commission’s official representative Margaritis Schinas said this in Brussels on Thursday
“The Association Agreement was signed. Currently, it is ratified by 27 EU member states. The document is now being implemented on the temporary basis, which is foreseen by the respective unanimous decision of the European Council. Nothing has any impact on that document. The European Commission remains committed to development of its relations with Ukraine”, he said as quoted by Radio Liberty.
However, Schinas added, the Dutch government yet has to analyze the results of the referendum.
The nationwide plebiscite on the EU-Ukraine Association Agreement took place on April 6. According to IPSOS sociology centre, the overall turnout made 32 percent; that is, results of the referendum are considered valid. The exit polls showed that about 38 percent of Dutch voters supported Ukraine’s association with the EU, and 62 voted “contra”.
The Dutch election committee will release the official results of the referendum on April 12.
After the referendum was over, Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte claimed that the government will carefully revise the Association agreement with Ukraine.
Ukraine’s President Petro Poroshenko claimed that his country will continue walking the European integration path even despite the negative result of the referendum.
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
Normandy Four meeting preserves EU unity in support for Ukraine 21 October, 15:58
- UKRAINE CRISIS 22:01Donbas conflict: 12 ceasefire violations reported
- SOCIETY21:12FSB ensnared Sushchenko in Moscow by preparing trap, - Feygin
- UA & EU20:24"PACE considers not expulsion of Russia but maintaining current status quo", - Ariev
- POLITICS19:36"Yesterday I was judged in Russia and today will be judged in Ukraine", - Savchenko
- SOCIETY18:47Sentsov placed in punishment cell for 15 days, - sister
- POLITICS18:00Belarus MFA handed protest note to Ambassador of Ukraine due to forced return of aircraft
- POLITICS17:12Ukraine is waging two wars - with Putin's occupiers and crime, - Lutsenko
- SOCIETY16:24Forensic psychological examination of Klykh showed he is mentally healthy
- POLITICS15:36Kyiv to seek Sentsov and Kolchenko's extradition under exchange procedure, - source
- SPORT14:51Ukrainian tennis player Elina Svitolina threatened in Moscow
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars