EU will consider the extension of sanctions against Russia on June 21
This was reported by a source in the EU Council
The Committee of Permanent Representatives of EU member states plans on Tuesday, June 21 to consider the extension of sectoral sanctions against Russia in connection with its actions in Ukraine, - reported source in the EU Council, according to UNIAN.
"It is planned for tomorrow," - said the source in the EU Council.
Recall, the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine officially announced on February 20, 2014 the beginning of the temporary occupation of the Crimea and Sevastopol by Russia. On October 7, 2015 President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko has signed the relevant law. International organizations recognized the occupation and annexation of Crimea illegal and condemned Russia's actions. Western countries have introduced a series of economic sanctions. Russia denied the occupation of the peninsula and calls it a "restoration of historical justice."
Poroshenko names main issues to be discussed at EU-Ukraine Summit 10 October, 14:20
Tusk's visit to Ukraine kicks off today 28 September, 20:39
Tusk: EU Council startled by success of Ukraine’s economy 29 September, 11:45
Poroshenko to meet with Stoltenberg in Brussels 20 October, 10:25
- SOCIETY09:30UN Security Council: Assad regime responsible for three chemical attacks
- UKRAINE CRISIS 23:59Donbas conflict: 16 attacks reported, - ATO HQ
- POLITICS23:21MPs to increase themselves salaries as of November 1
- SOCIETY22:18Police arrests one of Inter TV Channel instigators
- SOCIETY21:39Russia refused to hand over Alexander Kolchenko to Ukraine
- SOCIETY20:34Searches at Kseniya Babych: Journalist reveals details
- UKRAINE CRISIS 20:31OSCE SMM: Disarmament paused in Donbas
- POLITICS19:31Italy’s Renzi forces retreat from new sanctions on Russia
- POLITICS19:14New leak from WikiLeaks: Obama’s emails from 2008 campaign revealed
- UKRAINE TOP 18:35Searches at Kseniya Babych: National Union of Journalists of Ukraine express their concern
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
17:04, 21 October Search at Kseniya Babych: interview at the Investigation Committee
18:52, 20 October Russian law enforces conduct more searches in houses of Crimean Tatars