EU urges three states-founders to explain delay of visa-free regime with Ukraine
EU countries want explanations from Germany, France and Italy
Twenty-five EU member states demand from Germany, France and Italy an explanation of the delaying the decision to cancel the visa regime with Georgia and Ukraine, Ukrinform reports.
EU discussed the EU Leaders’ decision on visa-free regime with Georgia the day before.
"Germany is blocking the decision, expressing concern of the high level of organized crime in Georgia. France and Italy supported Berlin. They also want to link Ukraine to this package of visa liberalization", says an unnamed diplomat to the agency.
He added that Justice and Home Affairs EU ministers will discuss the issue of the visa-free regime with Ukraine, Georgia, Turkey and Kosovo on Friday, June 10.
"It is too early to talk about the visa-free regime with Turkey and Kosovo. But Ukraine and Georgia have clearly fulfilled all the criteria and deserve the abolition of visa requirements. Therefore, the 25 EU states want to hear from Germany, France and Italy about the reasons for the delay in the provision of a visa-free regime for our partners", the diplomat explains.
What to expect from EU-Ukraine summit? 11 October, 13:53
- UKRAINE CRISIS 15:43Trilateral Contact Group meeting kicks off in Minsk
- SOCIETY15:05Novel “Airport” nominated for Shevchenko Award in Ukraine
- FINANCE14:58Groysman: Cabinet to raise minimal salary in Ukraine to USD 125
- UKRAINE CRISIS 14:14‘DPR’ capture Ukrainian citizen, charge her with preparing to kidnap their comrade
- UA & EU13:30MP: Netherlands should take responsibility for decision on EU-Ukraine Association Agreement
- FINANCE12:17IMF mission delays visit to Ukraine
- POLITICS11:29Savchenko: ‘I came to support Ukrainians – even if I don’t leave Russia alive’
- POLITICS10:44Trump: Hillary could bring the U.S. to WWIII
- POLITICS10:00Savchenko reaches Russian court as hearing in Karpyuk, Klykh cases goes on
- UKRAINE CRISIS 09:21OSCE SMM in Donbas reports limited access to disengagement areas
SOCIETY 10:30, 18 July Matriculation campaign 2015: new challenges for Ukraine
18:10, 25 October Parties to Minks group to discuss new disengagement areas in Donbas